1. Bíi mehin ra Láadanedal wa. / There aren’t any Láadan-things…
- me- = plural
- in = exists
- ra = not
- dal = thing
2. BÓ EL LÁADANEDAL. / I COMMAND – MAKE LAADAN-THINGS.
- el = create
- Rachel is at the computer working. The clock says 12:35 am.
- Rachel: Bíi néde ra naháana le wa. / I don’t want to sleep.
- Rachel: Bíi néde shub le láadanedaleth wa. / I want to do Láadan things.
- Rachel is at their computer. Their conscience is hovering nearby.
- Rachel’s Conscience: Bée aril dush hal ne háasháaleya. (“Ím warning you: You have to work in the morning.”)
- Rachel: Lhh (Displeased hissing sound.)
- Rachel’s Conscience flies in closer.
- Rachel’s Conscience: Bée aril óoha ne!! (“You will be tired!!”)
- Rachel: LLHHHH.
- Rachel’s Conscience looks stern.
- Rachel’s Conscience: BÓD RIL NAHÁANA NE! (“GO TO SLEEP NOW!”)
- Rachel: LLLHHHH!!
Báa mebedi nen Klingon i mebedi ra Láadan? / Why do you learn Klingon and not learn Láadan?
- Rachel comes home from work. “Bíi óohahule le wa.” (“I am extremely tired”).
- They throw their backpack on the ground.
- They breathe in – Wíyul
- Rachel looks triumphant, with a big grin. “Dóo ril nohom le!” (“Finally done teaching!”)
Lushede I’m SO tired. I’ve been at this school since the start of 2016, starting as full time by the fall semester of that year. I’m getting so burnt out. I used to really enjoy teaching, but after being overloaded for several semesters (teaching 6 classes instead of 4 at full-time…) I’m just so tired.
I don’t want to go back to software development, either. Maybe? I don’t want to work full time, I want to work on my startup, but ugh. I don’t have wealthy parents like a lot of those tech startup founders you hear about… I have car loans and student loans to pay off, so I have to keep working, but even part-time teaching bloats to take up like all your damn time.
But, the summer semester is over. I need to finish up some of the games we were working on. I just feel so sooososoososoo tired and so worn out. I need a break. And I need time to pursue my own things. Uggh.
In the Fall semester I’m teaching 3 classes at two different colleges, and I’m taking one grad-level course. I really don’t have my heart set on a masters in computer science, but we will see how it goes. I just don’t know what I want to do with my professional life. I’m so tired.