Warning: getimagesize(https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31924590_957052801124364_7246804817102766080_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=bb26c2df6278c346b0ea397d90f1b098&oe=5BB94952): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /homepages/42/d258613359/htdocs/laadan.club/wp-content/plugins/wp-rss-retriever/wp-rss-retriever.php on line 155
Keep up with Láadan activity happening in other corners of the internet!
- Has Elgin ever written anything about Láadan intonation?Given the inspiration for the tone system, I'm guessing it must be about the same as Navajo (Diné) intonation, which has been described as "no intonation": just realize the default tone straightforwardly as flat low, and the marked high tones as high (granting for natural downdrift and etc.). ... Read more »
- Láadan text adventure – ThedeyoI wrote a small text adventure in Láadan. It’s about exploration, and there are three total endings. I’m not telling you more than that because interpreting the Láadan is part of the exploration process. Play it online here: http://arcade.conlangers.com/... Read more »
- Láadan quick search dictionary updateI spent today and yesterday going through the entire Láadan dictionary. I classified words by “noun”, “transitive verb”, “intransitive verb”, and the different kinds of markers. Additionally, I added work breakdowns for some of the words that I had time to analyze. I also updated features in the dictionary app itself... Read more »
- Television adaptation of Native Tongue!Apparently, Suzette Haden Elgin’s book series Native Tongue is being adapted into a series by Until Media. You can keep up with news of this project on their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nativetongueseries Or their Twitter: https://twitter.com/thenativetongue I don’t know anything about Until Media, so I’ll be looking more into who they are and what this project is... Read more »
- New hereHello,I am interrested in constructed languages like Solresol and find Láadan especially appealing because it sounds like Navajo. Another reason is that it's strange that it never became as famous as Esperanto. That makes it interresting for me because not everyone has heard about Láadan.I'm from Germany.... Read more »